- PROMOTER:The promoter is Global Alliance for the Project Professions (GAPPS) (ACN 121 349 746) of 126 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley, Queensland 4006, (07) 3852 1793.
- TERMS:These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to competitions and other promotional activities organised by the Promoter and/or its subsidiaries or its affiliated companies (hereinafter “Promoter”). Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Submitting an entry is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
Any entry not complying with the Terms and Conditions is invalid. If one or more of these Terms and Conditions becomes void or invalid, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
- ELIGIBILITY:Entry is open to part time or full time undergraduate or postgraduate students aged 18 years and over studying project management degrees accredited by the PMI Global Accredited Centre for Project Management Education Programs (http://www.pmi.org/global-accreditation-center/directory). Excluded from participation are staff and relatives of the Promoter and cohabiting partners or family of the aforementioned employees, as well as any participants/ suppliers in respect of the particular competition (including advertising agencies, advertisers, sponsors or producers), directors, and management. Eligible students may enter as an individual or in a team (hereinafter “Entrants”).
- All entries must be lodged in accordance with the requirements of the Terms and Conditions for this specific competition.
- Entrants must upload to YouTube a 2-3 minute video discussing, using the English language, any topic or trend related to modern project management. The first frame of the video must show the Entrant’s name, degree and the University at which they are enrolled in for verification purposes. Entrants must also provide a 140-character or less video description describing what the topic is about and include the hashtag “#GAPPSLOTF” thereafter. The video description must also be written in English. Any entries that fail to include all of the above information may not be considered at the Promoter’s discretion. Entrants are allowed to upload only one (1) video entry.
- Entrants must promote and campaign for their video via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to gain likes and shares in YouTube. Entrants may post the YouTube video link on these social media platforms together with the 140-character of less video description and the hashtag “#GAPPSLOTF”. Entrants must also promote the GAPPS social media accounts by tagging them to their posts and asking their supporters to follow, like and share as well these accounts. It is mandatory that Entrants must be following the GAPPS social media accounts in order to qualify for the competition. Any entries that fail to include all of the above information may not be considered at the Promoter’s discretion. Social media accounts of GAPPS are as follows:
- The Promoter acknowledges that some countries do not have access to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube due to geographical restrictions. In such event, the Promoter will accept entries uploaded to YouTube by a third party who has been given explicit permission on the Entrant’s behalf. The requirements for video description must also be included.
- The competition closing date and time is 21 May 2019, 11:59 PM (AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time), and will not be extended unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Promoter.
- Entrants must confirm that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. If plagiarism occurs in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, the Entrant will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, is incomplete, indecipherable or includes objectionable Content (as defined in clause 10 below).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received due to any technical problems, including failure of an entry to be received in whole or in part by the Promoter.
- The top three (3) entries with the highest number of likes in YouTube by closing date together with two (2) wild cards chosen by the Promoter will qualify as finalists.
- Only one (1) entry from the five (5) finalists will be chosen as the winner of the competition.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:Entrants will receive confirmation that their entry has been received by the Promoter through a Direct Message via Twitter. The winner will be announced via the Twitter, Facebook and Instagram social media accounts of GAPPS no later than 31 May 2019 unless otherwise delayed by the Promoter at its discretion. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within thirty (30) days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described below. If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described below.
- JUDGING CRITERIA:
- Entries will be judged based on their ability to present in the video, the number of YouTube likes, and the criteria nominated in the GAPPS Leaders of the Future Competition “Criteria for Success”. The above criteria are not listed in any special order, are not exhaustive and may not be accorded equal weight.
- Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The final winner will be determined at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter has the right to withhold the prize if the most liked video is not deemed suitable by the GAPPS judging panel.
- The GAPPS judging panel may select additional reserve entries, which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
- There will be one (1) prize awarded. The best valid entry as determined by the GAPPS judging panel will win the prize. If the winner is a team, they must determine amongst themselves which one (1) member will benefit from the prize.
- The prize includes:
- One (1) full registration for attendance at an upcoming GAPPS Thought Leadership Forum of their choice within one (1) year from the date of winning. The winner may opt to present the winning discussion topic to the GAPPS Thought Leadership Forum attendees and facilitate a workshop session.
- A travel voucher amounting to a maximum of One Thousand Australian Dollars (AUD 1,000) redeemable by the winner through a travel agency or other organisation nominated by the Promoter. For avoidance of doubt, the travel voucher may only be used by the winner for travel-related expenses of one (1) person only to and from the venue of the GAPPS Thought Leadership Forum of their choice following item 7 (ii) (a) above, particularly for flight ticket, land transportation or hotel accommodation. Any amount exceeding the AUD 1,000 and all other associated expenses on travel shall be on the account of and paid for by the winner (e.g. visa fee, travel insurance, etc.).
- No portion of the prize will be provided or paid in cash.
(a) The Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. There are no second or third prizes.
(b) It is the responsibility of the winner to take out appropriate travel, and related insurance at their own cost. It is also the responsibility of the winner to arrange passports, visas and additional spending money at their own cost. The winner must be physically fit to travel to the GAPPS Thought Leadership Forum of their choice.
(c) The prize will only be awarded following winner validation and verification.
(d) A copy of the Terms and Conditions and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- VERIFICATION:The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and project management degree) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any likes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or likes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any Entrant (or invalidate his/her entry) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for likes or retweets or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit YouTube likes contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to contact the University of the winner/s to verify their eligibility as an Entrant and any other information relevant to participation in this competition.
- LIABILITY:Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or con- sequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or Entrant; or (f) taking of the prize / attendance at the prize event.
- CONSENT:Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice and their entry in the competition and agree that the Promoter may use this information in any media for the Promoter’s future promotional purposes for an unlimited period of time without any further reference or payment to the Entrants.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the competition including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 18, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
As a condition of entering this competition, each Entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. By entering this competition, each Entrant releases YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- At all times, Entrants agree to act in accordance with YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram’s Terms of Service, which can be viewed at the respective website and other related policies.
- TERMINATION: If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, low entry turnout (i.e. less than 5 entries), unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.